Dogs can bite for a number of reasons and may even cause serious injuries to those that have been attacked. While you may not always be able to avoid an attack from an aggressive dog, understanding why some dogs bite may help prevent a future incident from occurring.
- Learn why dogs may display aggression on this page from HumaneSociety.org.
- The Humane Society of the United States explains how to avoid being bitten by a dog, what to do if you are attacked, and how you should react if you are wounded.
- For tips to help you ensure that your dog is behaving safely, visit this page from the American Kennel Club.
- Read this pamphlet from the American Veterinary Medical Association to learn what to do when confronted with an aggressive canine.
- The Illinois Compiled Statutes provide detailed definitions of vicious and dangerous dogs, as well as what actions may be taken against irresponsible pet owners.
If you have been bitten by a dog in the Chicago area, consult the dog bite attorneys with Shea Law Group at (773) 365-0040.