Free Initial Consultation. 24/7 Phone Consultation

We Are Here to Help You.

Shea Law Group Has Been a Family Owned Practice Since 1997.

What to Do if You Have a Personal Injury Resulting from a Pedestrian Accident | Shea Law Group

Published on October 3rd, 2011

Drunk or distracted drivers are a huge threat to pedestrians. The following instructions can help guide you after being hit by an automobile.

  • Collect Driver Information: In all cases, collecting driver information during an accident is an essential step. Collecting this information on the scene will save you the trouble of obtaining this information through a police report. This data will be vital to an attorney and insurance representatives if you decide to press charges against a driver. If your accident is a result of reckless construction, research the company’s name and ownership.
  • Contact an Attorney: If you suspect that another party is liable for your injury, then employ the services of a personal injury attorney immediately. As the victim of an accident, you may not have the perspective necessary to judge grounds for a suit.  Notifying a lawyer early will provide better chances to collect useful witness information. In order for a suit to be successful, your injuries must be shown to be the cause of a defendant’s negligence. This negligence may come in the form of distracted driving, the influence of drugs and alcohol, or reckless turning. If the defendant is shown to be negligent, then they will be legally liable for compensating your pain and suffering.
  • Organize Medical Records: Before pressing charges, it’s important to prepare vital documents and solidify the case. You are legally obligated to collect copies of your medical records. As the parent of an injured child, you are also able to access your children’s medical records. Collect proof of your injuries, details of recovery, medical expenses, and pain experienced during treatment. This documentation will provide vital weight in an upcoming court appearance or settlement negotiation.

After being struck by an automobile, trust your personal injury litigation to Shea Law Group. We have over 60 years of personal injury experience with construction accidents, animal bites, medical malpractice, nursing home injuries, and traumatic injury. To begin your consultation, contact our offices at (773) 365-0040.


Disclaimer:The materials available at this website are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use and access to this website or any of the links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.



Back to News