Dog bites can be very serious and you can also catch diseases and other illness if bitten. After being bit by a vicious dog it is essential that you call the doctor immediately and get treated. Once you have been treated, your next step should be to contact a dog bite lawyer.
- First, make sure you know what dog bit you. If it was a stray dog, you’ll need to be tested for rabies. If the dog has an owner, let them know what happened right away. America’s law on dog bites states that the owner of the dog has the responsibility of paying full compensation to the victim of the dog bite.
- Before you start dealing with an injury lawyer, you’ll want to get medical attention for the dog bite. A lot of dog bite victims will need stitches for their wounds. Follow your doctor’s orders and be sure to take any medication that you may receive.
- After receiving medical attention, you’ll want to contact your personal injury lawyer to begin working on the legal issues. Make sure to collect the following information for your attorney:
- Copy down the owner’s name, address, and telephone number.
- Get the same information from any witnesses that may have seen the incident.
- Take pictures of your wounds and the clothing you were wearing when the bite occurred.
If you have been bitten by a dog and are seeking legal help, you should contact one of our personal injury lawyers here at Shea Law Group. We specialize in dog bite case and can get what you deserve. Call us today at (773) 365-0040.